About British Psychotherapy
British Psychotherapy is the website for anybody seeking help with anxiety and depression disorders including the following:
- Stress at work
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Intrusive thoughts
- Social anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Excessive worry and feelings of being overwhelmed
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Health anxiety
- Body dysmorphic disorders
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Building self-confidence
- Life Coaching
- Relationship difficulties and depression
- Depression due to bereavement/ grief
Here at British Psychotherapy we can offer Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) as two evidence base modalities to help treat anxiety and depression.
Our therapy service is a small family run service where we tailor to your own individual needs and provide a personal service so we can determine together the appropriate therapy. Our psychotherapist is a fully trained and qualified practitioner with a great amount of experience within the NHS.
Therapy can be face-to-face, telephone or Skype. We can also offer home visits for assessment and treatment in special circumstances.
We have a lovely village location for our therapy clinic where we can see our clients during the day, in the evenings or at weekends and we always try to be flexible and accommodate.
Here at BRITISH PSYCHOTHERAPY we take confidentiality, client privacy and duty of care and ethical practice extremely seriously and always believe working together collaboratively with our clients to achieve the best results for them.
Our moto here at BRITISH PSYCHOTHERAPY is improving your mood to help you live a better quality of life.
You are welcome to call us now to arrange a free consultation appointment to see how service could meet your needs.
I am a mother of three children, a wife and a Psychotherapist with over 11 years’ experience working in the NHS and nearly 20 years of experience working with child, adult and elderly mental health therapeutic services. As well as currently working in the NHS, I have started my own private practice, British Psychotherapy due to demand and recommendations my patients have made to others. For this, I am extremely grateful and privileged that I am able to help people in the journey to get better.
I have an enhanced DBS check certificate and I fully obey by the standards of conduct, performance and ethics as a member of the British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
(BABCP, membership no: 160419).
I have worked for Hertfordshire Partnership NHS foundation trust and Barnet, Enfield and Haringey
NHS Trust as a Psychological Well-being Practitioner, offering low intensity Cognitive Behavioural
Therapy based approached to patients with mild-moderate anxiety disorders and depression.
I have worked with elderly Neuro-degenerative patients for Central and North London NHS
Foundation Trust as an Assistant Psychologist.
I have worked with Forensic in-patients services with West London Mental Health NHS Trust and a
forensic Health care assistant therapist.
Autism and Trauma
I have worked with children with Autism and Trauma as a play therapist, for a children’s Charity.
I have worked for Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as a High Intensity, Cognitive
Behavioural Psychotherapist, offering psychotherapy for moderate-severe anxiety and depression
Qualifications and Professional Training
- BSc Psychology Degree with Honours, University Of Westminster, 2004
- Child protection training 2007, children’s safeguarding, 2009
- Assertiveness training in in-patient forensic services, 2009
- Core PTSD training in Forensics, 2009
- Certificate in post Graduate Mental Health, University of Hertfordshire, 2011
- Mindfulness workshop, University of Hertfordshire, 2012
- Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Eating Disorders, 2015
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (High Intensity), Royal Holloway University
- Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural therapy for working with persistent and severe Depression,
- Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural therapy for avoiding therapist drift (and staying on treatment
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural therapy for Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, 2016
- Safeguarding Children, 2017
- Safe guarding adults, 2017
- Certificate for Anxiety and differential Diagnosis of Anxiety disorders, 2018
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (for depression) Practitioner Training, Anna Freud, National Centre for
Children and Families, 2018
- Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for severe Depression for High Intensity Therapists,